Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, March 21, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Well, here it is - almost 9pm on Monday night, but hey! It's still Monday, and gosh darn it, I'm doing my first ever Miscellany Monday post. A few of my favorite bloggers participate in this weekly link-up, and it's just a great excuse to be completely random. And, quite frankly, I am tired, and this post is going to be totally random (and, picture-less)... Sorry, folks.

So, here goes:

1) After five months of living under a rock (a.k.a. not having cable); we are getting satellite tomorrow! Oh my gosh, I am so ecstatic! How pathetic am I? I miss watching any sport on TV, my trashy Real Housewives show, my soap opera - General Hospital, and all our of sitcoms! I can't wait to finish watching last season's Dexter, and Boardwalk Empire. Oh, and Big Brother (my obsession) will be starting in a few months. Yes, I am officially pathetic. But, YOU try living without cable.

2) We have been busy trying to finish the DIY project from H-E-Double Hockey Stick. We started what we thought would be an easy, no-brainer project two weeks ago. Our project? Installing backsplash in our kitchen. While there really is a whole separate post to do on this project, I will say that it is almost complete. We'll finish it up finally this weekend w/ pictures to come. Let's just say we had a little "issue" with the grout.

3) Bobby's doing more and more each day. He's now big enough to climb in and out of the bath tub. Big milestone... yeah, I know. (wink, wink). He's talking more, and his little voice is just so cute. I love hearing him speak new words. He does still shriek "huh?" at the top of his lungs though, each time we are in public. Wow. It can be death to my ear drums! His "huh?" is his way of asking who, what, when, where, why, how. You get the picture...

4) The weather has warmed up quite a bit. We have been playing a lot outside each day. We spend a lot of time between our neighborhood park, and train park/trail. We have eaten dinner the past three nights on our patio too. I love warm weather. (Remind me of this when it is hotter than you know what, in August).

5) Bob is now studying for his Series 7 test. Once he has his Series 7 license, he'll be able to help his clients with their investment options. I expect to see him in about a month or so. Fun. At least we'll have satellite though for my nightly entertainment.

Well, friends. That's about it for now. A brief update on the doings of the Ross family. Sorry for the random, rushed, and boring post.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay for satellite tv. We don't have one but we do have a box with tons of cable options! I do love my evening tv...it's a great way to wind down at the end of the day!

There's so many good shows on Bravo you're definitely going to be entertained.

Good for Bob, and good luck to you. I know what it's like to have a hubby working extremely long hours!

XO

Waiting said...

Your life sounds a lot like mine right now, minus a cute baby.
We are:
cabless, which is fine minus the issue with sports and GH!
C is studying for an exam and I haven't seen him in a month and won't for another.
Fun DIY projects abound in our house, but only one is really bad.

Enjoy your TV!

Can't wait to see how the back splash turned out.

Emily Powell said...

we're actually thinking of getting rid of cable. we have it now but sometimes I think it's a waste. We'll see if I can actually pull the plug or not.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails