Well, it took over a year, but here I am - my 100th post!
Here are 100 things about me :)
1. When I was in high school, I had ice cream every night, topped with peanut butter, chocolate syrup, and sometimes caramel. Wow, how I wish I had my old metabolism!
2. I try way too hard to be a perfectionist, and I cannot stand that about myself.
3. I've had just one surprise birthday party thrown for me. It wasn't really a party, but more of a lunch with a group of friends. My best friend Lisa planned it. It was in 2004.
4. I treat Winston as if he is my child. I am definitely the easier "parent" on him. I wonder if this will be a reflection of how we will treat our children.
5. I can't stand to see people physically fighting - even in sports.
6. I thought our honeymoon location was absolute paradise. I can't wait for a Little Dix Bay reunion (Totty, you reading this?) :)
7. I was an avid reader growing up. I was constantly reading. I miss that part of myself, and have been trying to reclaim it for a few years now.
8. I want to run a marathon one day. I was on my way to a Half this year, but am sidelined with I.T. Band Syndrome! Grrr....
9. I wish people wrote more handwritten letters. I miss the days of getting GOOD mail. Did you have a pen pal when you were younger? I did!
10. I never win raffles - never! The last one I won was in 1st grade. I won a pair of really cool black and white speed skates at the skating rink.
11. I used to play Nintendo growing up ALL the time. I can rattle off any and every old school NES game. I also beat most of them.
12. I am not very crafty, but I want to be so badly! I envy how creative my sister-in-law Caryn is, and my mom too!
13. I love my family so incredibly much! We are so much alike, but so different too. I also feel so blessed to have married into such an awesome family!
14. I am so proud of my Cuban heritage. However, I must admit, I am most happy with the way it blessed me with great skin. Is that vain? ;)
15. I sent President Reagan a letter when I was younger praising him. He (or his peeps) in return, sent me a beautiful colored book about the White House. Do you see now why I am such a loyal supporter of the Republican party?
16. I used to like horror movies, but now only watch about one per year. The Ring scarred me for life!
17. I try to see the best in people. But, I'll admit, I do have a handful I just can't forgive for things done in the past.
18. My first job was at Blockbuster Video. I loved that job!
19. I feel like I have been on a spiritual journey the past few years. I used to have bad anxiety over the thought of dying. I have now come to terms with it, but it still scares me every now and then.
20. This list is completely random, but that's how I roll!
21. My running shoes are size 9.5. I bet you're in the wrong size, and don't even know it!
22. Sometimes I think I have ADD. It's hard for me to be completely still.
23. I am proud of the cook I am evolving into. My little sister hung out in the kitchen growing up, I did not.
24. I think I sneeze like a man - loud! Bob has told me this many times. I get this trait from my dad, I think.
25. I collected stamps growing up. I have a great collection, and often wonder if my stamps are worth anything.
26. I love to sleep in. I have gotten better since being with Bob, but if I can sleep in, I will.
27. I think my husband is better at decorating than I am.
28. I loved playing with Barbies as a little girl. I think I played with them until I was in 6th grade. Hey! I had a little sister, ok?!?
29. I hope to one day have the green thumb my mother-in-law has.
30. I have lived in the following states, in this order: Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Alabama. Do you see a pattern here?
31. I have had dreams that have told the future.
32. I graduated from University of Central Florida with a degree in Interpersonal Communications. It took me 5 years to graduate, but, I went to 3 schools.
33. I used to have dreams of being friends with Jessica Simpson. This was when Newlyweds was on TV. I think Lisa did too, right Lis?
34. I am hoping to make some life-long friends here in Birmingham.
35. It breaks my heart that doggies have such short life-spans. Why can't they live to be 100?
36. I want to have a girl first. I know it would probably be better to have a boy, but I really want a girl first!
37. I stole Bob from his girlfriend. Our story is very similar to Pam and Jim's of The Office. Except, he had the existing relationship, not me.
38. I am a scented candle freak. If you are in need of a gift for me, a Yankee candle will do just fine!
39. I love people watching.
40. I have kept a journal since the 6th grade. It is so disorganized though, comprising of at least 5 notebooks, and tons of loose pages. I sometimes think I may want to give it to my children one day - secrets and all...
41. All of my "special occasion" dresses are black and white. This is a total coincidence.
42. I have never seen my husband cry. He did tear up though during our wedding ceremony.
43. I LOVE to drink Bloody Mary's. It's kind of a sick and twisted obsession now.
44. My favorite season is fall.
45. I love going to stores like Costco or Sam's Club.
46. If my mom is crying, I'll cry. I can't help it.
47. I feel like I have way too many old magazines yet to read. I haven't been reading them since we got married, almost a year ago. I am currently reading an April '08 issue of Domino.
48. I have a tattoo on my right hip. I wish to have it removed one day.
49. I hope to have at least two children.
50. I have never been happier in my life, since being with Bob. The past four years have been amazing!
51. I love my blog, and so many others too.
52. I wish or hope to spend more time with my extended family, especially my grandmothers.
53. I want to learn how to knit. Jo Jo tried to teach me once, but I think I was really tired. Can you try again with me?
54. I was very flat-chested growing up, and hated it. Now that I'm older, I'm so happy to be on the smaller side.
55. My dad's positive attitude during his bout with cancer was inspiring.
56. I am terrified of speaking in public, even small groups. This is something that I learned, because I was never this way growing up.
57. I need to stop setting such high expectations for myself.
58. I love to watch TV, and am very thankful for DVR. Is that bad?
59. I cringe at some of the things I have done in my past. As a friend recently said, "thank goodness people change!"
60. I hate styling my hair. I let it air-dry 99.9% of the time.
61. I have always thought it would be fun to be on Big Brother. I have also thought I'd go far in the competition. I would never, in a million years though, go on a reality TV show.
62. I wish I had studied harder in college.
63. I met my best friend in the 4th grade. My fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Cheney, is still my favorite ever.
64. I am so glad my parents sent me to sleep-away camp as a child. It is truly a memory I will always cherish.
65. I always have wax in my ears. Bob is constantly picking it out. I have noticed this in my mom and sister's ears too. Gross, right?
66. Right now, our home being built is our dream home. But, we have high expectations for ourselves, and I know that will soon change.
67. I hate coming up with blog fodder while trying to fall asleep. It makes me want to think more, instead of sleep.
68. I just choked on my coffee.
69. I rarely follow new music.
70. My favorite type of food is Italian, with sushi being a close second.
71. I loved running in the grass barefoot as a child.
72. I feel like I always have a never-ending pile of laundry. I just don't get it.
73. These are my top 5 funniest people: Bob, my sister Kathy, my brother Michael, best friend Lisa, and me!
74. I'm a stickler for proper grammar, even if I'm guilty of not having it sometimes.
75. I am finally happy to have long nails. Now, I just need my hair to grow.
76. Bob almost always falls asleep before I do. It has not always been this way. I don't like it.
77. I'll use the same bath towel for days. Is that gross?
78. I have to be in the mood to have a long conversation. I am typically not a phone person.
79. I believe God does not discriminate.
80. Bob and I call our casual Tee's, and shorts/pants our "comfy's." We change into our comfy's as soon as we get home from work.
81. I wish I had played an instrument growing up. I think I want at least one of our children to take piano lessons.
82. This list is taking a long time to create.
83. My husband can easily influence me. This is a positive and negative thing for me.
84. My parents took my sister and I on some awesome vacations growing up. I am very grateful for this.
85. Sometimes I wish all of my childhood beliefs were real.
86. I try to follow-thru with my promises.
87. I am usually very good at keeping in touch with old friends. This has not been the case the past couple of years. Thank goodness for Facebook!
88. My dad got mad at my mom when I was in 1st grade. He came home from a business trip to find me with a perm.
89. I don't like making a big deal over my birthday. And, I sometimes think it can be obnoxious for others to carry on their celebrations for a whole week!
90. My brother and sister think my toes are weird.
91. I hope that I am a good friend.
92. It can be hard for me to embrace change. But, once I do, I am very motivated.
93. I'd rather Bob spend money on something else, instead of flowers.
94. I could talk your ear off, if you let me.
95. I hope to always be happy in life.
96. I hope to never be complacent.
97. I hope to never be someone who is a people-pleaser. While it can be a good quality, it can also be very draining.
98. I really believe my husband is the most handsome man ever! I love the fact that he is 6'5.
99. My marriage is amazingly easy, fun, happy, and loving.
100. I am glad I made this list.