Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, October 12, 2009

Mercedes Half Marathon

I started my official training today for the Mercedes Half Marathon, which takes place February 14, 2010. What a great way to start Valentine's Day, right?

If you remember from this post, Bob ran the half last year. He is training now for the full, along with a 1/2 Iron Man, sometime next year. He better get this out of his system now, because once we have baby #2, I'll really need him home! Ha! (And, no, we're not pregnant... not even thinking along those lines yet.)

Anyhow, I've been running and doing some cross-training for quite awhile now, but have been sidelined a couple of times due to my pesky IT band knee problem, and being sick.

Today's workout consisted of me doing some lower body strength-training and ab work. I wasn't able to do anything outdoors, due to the rain we've had all day. I am basically regressing with my running, due to my knee issues. This week, I'm hoping to get in two 35-40 minute runs, and then an easy 3 miler this weekend.

I'll keep ya updated on my progress. As for Bob, he's started blogging about his own training too. Maybe one day soon, he'll let me share the link to his blog.

3 comments:

The Wilder Family said...

I am so proud of you! I wish I had the time and energy. Maybe when I get to quick working full time I will be able to run more! I'll be there to cheer you on and celebrate at the finish line!

Meg said...

YAY!!! So excited for you! It is going to be great. Plus I am sure Bobby is loving the outdoor time in the stroller.

For your IT band, do you use a foam roller religiously? Do you use after your runs and stretch? I find for mine, getting a sports massage at least once or twice during training really helps my knee issues and relaxes my IT band.

Meg said...

I meant ice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails