Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Little Piece of Heaven

Over the course of this blog's history, I've gotten a lot of comments and questions regarding our fabulous neighborhood. I have been completely obsessed with our "little piece of heaven" for quite awhile now. Before we even moved, I was staking out our new home. Remember this post?

As Bobby has gotten older, and we've met more people, I could not feel more blessed that this is our home. The amenities here are fantastic, and everything is perfectly manicured, and simply beautiful. It is the perfect place to raise a family, and I would not want to live anywhere else. I remember last fall, during one of my early evening runs, how europhic I felt as I was running through our neighborhood. There was a chill in the air, the sun was setting, and everyone's homes were decorated for Halloween. It just felt perfect. This is the kind of feeling I get almost daily!

Now, with all of that being said, sometimes I feel like we live in a bubble (i.e. The Truman Show), but I almost like that aspect of the community. There is never a dull moment here, which is a blessing to me, as a stay-at-home mom. The pool, park, or trails are always full of my friends, and acquaintances. With a simple text, or Facebook email, I can usually round up at least one friend to hang out with during the day. Playtime with Bobby, errands, exercise, and our neighborhood give us plenty to do on a daily basis.

Nate Berkus and Oprah always speak of how your home should be a sanctuary for you. I agree wholeheartedly. And, in our case, our community is an extension of that.

What makes your home or neighborhood so great? Are you a suburbanite, city dweller, or country gal?

Park:




Pool:

Image courtesy of Gina H.





Golf Course:






Photobucket

6 comments:

The McCrystals said...

You know I love it (and I've never even been there)! Soon, I hope, though.

So funny, my Mom just buzzed me to tell me Southwest is having a sale on flights to Birmingham. I was seriously contemplating it, then I remembered I'll see you in a month! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Volree Wade said...

Nicely put!

Shannon said...

It does look beautiful...I'm jealous of the pool time and tons of friends to hang out with during the days. All my buds work! :(

Gina Harris said...

yep! it is the best! I love it here so much everyday!

Tracey said...

You are one lucky girl! I would love to live there, too! :)

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hi there, what a beautiful neighborhood! We also live in the beginnings of a master planned community, however, ours was heavily affected by the economy so our pool and clubhouse have been put on hold until a certain number of homesites are sold. It is certainly a dissappointment, but I love my neighborhood all the same and can't wait for it to grow. I am so glad I found your blog, it sounds like we have a lot in common. Take care.

Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails