Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Out with the Old, in with the New

Happy New Year Family and Friends!

2009 is going to be a life-changing year for Bob and I. As most of you know, we will welcome our first child in June. As we were waiting for midnight last night, we couldn't help but giggle over this. I am so blessed in so many ways, and I know that Bob is going to be an amazing father. How could he not be? He's an amazing husband!

We had a very nice New Year's, considering I am pregnant. We went to the resort for dinner with some friends from the neighborhood. Afterwards, we stopped by our neighbor's house across the street for a party. It was great to meet so many new people last night! I love this neighborhood. Everyone is so nice, and social. I think people live in Ross Bridge to have that social connection with their neighbors.

Today is going to be a low-key day. I have a few things I want to do, but for the most part, it will be spent watching football and eating. I am planning on cooking the traditional New Year's Day meal of black-eyed peas, ham, cornbread, and collard greens. Normally, we would have gone to my Mom and Dad's for this feast, but this year, it's my turn to cook! I'm very excited! Bob and I will be starting so many traditions this year, with being on our own here in Birmingham, and of course, with becoming parents.

2009 is going to be a GREAT year!

4 comments:

Jeff and Stacy Holmes said...

I agree...2009 is going to be fabulous! How exciting that you are going to welcome a baby!!! I can't wait to know if it's a girl or a boy...or both...what would you do?? :) Do you have names picked out??

Happy 2009!!

Jamie said...

A week from today you find out what you are having!!!! YAY!

Jamie said...

or wait... a week from yesterday. i've been so confused with the days of the week all week. duh! let me know as soon as you can what you are having!!!

Shannon said...

i loved seeing your updates...looks like you are doing great up there! i can't believe how we just barely missed living by one another! i am excited to hear about the sex of your baby!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails