Monday, December 13, 2010

Exhausted.

As I climbed into bed last night, at approximately 9:06pm, I felt completely exhausted. We had a fun weekend, but this time of year really can take a toll on you. I love Christmas, and all of the festivities that surround it, but sometimes I wish it wasn't all crammed into one month. I can't say that I wish the parties came to an end, or the decorations came down. No way. I love that aspect of Christmas.

Anyhow, we did have a fun weekend. Thankfully, we had no plans on Friday night. I can't imagine how tired Bob would have felt... working all week, only to dive right into a tailspin of a weekend. I had to work on Saturday, and then Bob and I headed off to our first Christmas party of the weekend. It actually ended up being a lot of fun, and a totally different crowd {i.e. the political crowd} then we've ever been around. We met K. Carl Smith at this party. He is also known as The Conservative Messenger. He had just been a guest on Huckabee's show on Fox News a few weeks ago. He's an African-American "Frederick Douglas Republican." He was amazing to talk to, and pumped me up to get involved. Here's a snipped from his website of what he does exactly:

The ConservativeMESSENGER™ enlightens, educates, empowers, and equips its members based on the Frederick Douglass Republican™ Movement which: (1) Advocates for a constitutional federal government; (2) Holds elected officials accountable for defending our liberty; (3)Conveys the LIFE-EMPOWERING values of Frederick Douglass; and (4) Seeks to create a fair political dialogue without the finger pointing of racism.

Photobucket

Image

The movement is quite interesting, and I recommend that you take a look at the website. {If that's your forte, of course!}

Sunday was a great day! We had flurries all day. While the snow never stuck, it was just pretty to look at. {It's actually snowing again as I am typing this}. I was invited to a Cookies & Cocktails party that afternoon. So, I spent the afternoon baking some cookies. It was a fun, cookie exchange with some of my friends in the neighborhood. I came home with some yummy goodies! After that party, we headed out to another one. Bobby was the hit of this party, and such a social butterfly. He was just a ham. Most of our friends at this party has older kids, so he got a ton of attention. Bobby warmed up very easily to this teenage boy, and they played with some gadgets together...

PhotobucketBob's cell phone captured a sweet moment.

Unfortunately, we arrived home too late for our last party. I called it on Friday though. I had a feeling going to all four would be too hard, and I was right. Bobby was ready for bed, and quite frankly, so were we.

I hope everyone has a great week! It is freezing here today! I am planning on making a crockpot meal in a bit, and then heading out to do some grocery shopping. Because it's too cold for anything else, a few of Bobby's friends are coming over later today to play. Brrrr.

<span class=

8 comments:

Shannon said...

What a whirlwind of a weekend, Jen! Sounds like fun though! That's a cute picture with Bobby...love the teenager's shirt! Hopefully we'll all be taking a much needed bloggy break here shortly and just enjoy the holidays with family and friends! I know, I'm ready to have some serious downtime!

Rest up, friend!

Jenny said...

Busy busy! LOL! Gotta love December!

Found you on the Monday Blog Hop! I’m your newest follower! http://aworldofcrafts.blogspot.com/

Mama K said...

I wish we could spread out the Christmas season too!! Our next two weeks are going to be crazy! Love that shirt the teenager is wearing. LOL!

Mama K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Jen, thanks so much for stopping by & leaving a note. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Jumping Jack said...

Man, yall did have a busy weekend! I hope you get some rest this week!

It's 48 here today - which is cold by Texas standards. Try to keep warm!

Ashley said...

You sound busy like me! :) Do you have good crock pot recipe? I'm always looking for new ones.

flip flops and pearls said...

Jen, sounds like a fun filled time. I am ready for a B R E A K....what a whirlwind time.

Precious memories, I love how you blog them so well!!

Have a great day;0
xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails