Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year, New Me?

Bobby reading over the menu at dinner on New Year's Eve.

I'm a bit late on posting my New Year's Resolutions. I make resolutions every year. How can I not? I'm a BIG Type A Personality! I would say that they are more like goals. This year, Bob and I sat down together and went over a few as a family. I also made some personal ones for myself. So, without further adieu, here they are:

1) Live by Dave Ramsey's principles. We are currently reading his book, The Total Money Makeover.
2) Start and complete some home improvement projects or upgrades. Our list includes: installing backsplash in the kitchen, fencing in the backyard, and installing plantation shutters throughout the house.
3) Cut the caffeine habit. I'm a big coffee drinker. I'm not sure if I can give it up completely, but I'd love to cut back. It's now, more than ever, a ritual for me to have it each morning.
4) Cut back on screen time. I'd like to watch less TV, and spend less time on the computer. However, I do want to put more creativity into this blog.
5) Read at least 2 books per month. I'd like to read at least one book of my choosing, alongside my book club's choice.
6) Workout regularly and eat better.
7) Strengthen relationships. This may include a monthly date with Bob, or a Girl's Night out.
8) Hone my photography skills. I was lucky enough to get a new camera for Christmas. I really want to learn the functions and settings, and try to be more creative with my pictures.

Well, I think that's about it! I love the new year, and the feeling of renewal that comes along with it. I hope to accomplish these goals!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails