Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Let's go Old School

Time and time again, I tell Bob that our society is going to end up like the people did in the book, Brave New World. Did you have to read that in high school? The characters in the book led mindless lives, lacking self-worth, completely dependent on a totalitarian government.

Don't worry... this post has nothing to do with politics. This post is more about how mindless, and numb I have become to the overkill that is now Facebook, Twitter, blogs (!), TV, and everything else in between. I see commercials with tags now. What the #heck is a tag, anyhow? Fortunately, (or, maybe not) the only mind-sucking social media outlet I have become interested in, as of late, is Facebook. Well, after months (I mean, months) of debating in my head of whether or not I should keep my Facebook account; I deleted it today. As much as I love to see pictures and updates on my family, and close friends - it has become way too much of a distraction to me. Ok, ok..., it's an addiction. (Don't judge... I know you too, are addicted.) I tried to "cut back." I tried to limit myself. I just couldn't. I have never had a lot of will-power. So, I pulled the plug. Out of sight, out of mind. And, of course, the most important reason for my decision - Bobby, and my family. I felt like it was taking away too much time from them. Boo.

So, if you want to know what's going on with my family, in our little neck of the woods - bookmark my blog! If you want, you can even pick up the phone, and call me. I know, weird, right? It's SO old school! And, if you aren't used to getting phone calls from me very often - that's about to change. I'm not going to be desensitized anymore, to the basic need of human to human communication. In all honesty, I just wish it was 1986 again... :)

Ok, I'm off my soap box now! xoxoxo

2 comments:

Waiting said...

I think your decision was a good one. And on a more selfish note, I just want you to blog more. :)

Charla said...

I was talking with some of my fellow therapists/dance movement therapists about the change in communication in our society and how it will effect us in the long run psychologically. we shall see

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails